Freelance Project Manager – Environmental Services
In conjunction with customer contacts, provide comprehensive management of contract/purchase order requirements in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all US Ecology Management System policies and procedures
- Perform onsite service work including, but not limited to, characterization, sampling, profiling, shipping, document preparation, and drum/bulk waste management
- Proactively work with customers to establish reuse, reduction, and recycling options for waste streams
- Complete bid requirements as needed
- Provide timely reporting to customers and US Ecology management in a manner consistent with contract/purchase order specifications
- Monitor all sub-contractor services for completeness or deficiencies to ensure regulatory compliance
- Communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner
- Complete waste profiles for new waste streams
- Conduct regulatory inspections applicable to the facility
- Offer general guidance for RCRA, DOT, TSCA and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Proficient in labeling, marking, manifesting and all required shipping paperwork
- Research alternate vendors and treatment methods for contracted waste streams
- Manage the contract per the current cost budget and seek out internal/external cost savings
- Develop and implement applicable programs
- Utilize Excel spreadsheets in project management
- Participate in plant specific committees including but not limited to Haz Com, ISO etc.
- Assist management in meeting corporate minority spend goals if applicable to contract
- Participates in USE RM/USE team building and meeting activities
- Adapt to customer programs as needed
- Cross train with other USE entities and become well versed in USE services to allow for new opportunities at customer locations
Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
This position may have contract specific supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental or technical field
Positive customer service skills
Experience in hazardous waste industry
Project management experience preferred
Accurate computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail) preferred
Ability to communicate through both written and oral medium
Ability to work independently with little hands-on supervision
Participate in USE RM/USE team building and meeting activities
- Certifications, licenses, registrations:
CHMM required or the ability to pass customers RM test.
- Language Skills
Good oral communication skills to clearly understand and convey other’s message and intent, and receives and processes feedback. Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions and work manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, visitors, or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic math functions using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to attend to numerous details under the stress of maintaining courteous, accurate and timely relations with a variety of individuals. Ability to apply common sense understanding in carrying out detailed written or oral instructions or requests. Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer such problems to the appropriate individual for decision making.
HEALTH AND SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While performing this job, the employee is responsible for continuous adherence to the Company’s Health & Safety Program. This includes: the health and safety of themselves and their coworkers, completing tasks in a safe manner, attending safety meetings and mandatory H&S training, and reporting any unsafe conditions, acts or unanticipated hazards to their Supervisor, General Manager or Health and Safety Specialist. Duties and responsibilities are detailed in the H&S Program Master Document and will be provided by the H&S Specialist and/or the direct supervisor during new-hire orientation, training sessions or upon request.
Employees are required to report any concerns associated with environmental compliance to their supervisor, General Manager or Environmental Manager. Employees are also required to complete training in hazardous waste management procedures, emergency response and other topics as outlined in the facility’s training program and/or an individual training matrix.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work alone and work extended hours with frequent interruptions while handling various non-standard situations. This work requires high concentration with a moderate level of stress. Ability and proficiency in the use of computers. Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to make sound decisions or to refer problems to appropriate people for decision-making. Employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with co-workers, clients, customers and vendors. Occasional travel required.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and use a PC. Uses hands to touch, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for movement waste containers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Candidates should be medically fit to wear a respirator if necessary. Visits to operation sites should not represent different physical demands.
The work is typically performed in a manufacturing setting and or office environment. In the course of advising or counseling managers, supervisors, and employees, the individual may encounter aggressive or unpredicted behavior.
US Ecology offers competitive wages, paid time off, medical/dental/optical, holidays, 401K, bonuses, and much more!
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
How to ApplyApply Today >>
751 total views, 1 today